IMMIGRATION ANALYST (ASYLUM)
The Job Holder
US Department of Homeland Security
- This situation of IMMIGRATION ANALYST (ASYLUM) begins at a compensation of $29,350.00 GS-05 evaluation level, stage 01, with advancement potential to $57,809.00 GS-09 evaluation level, stage 10.
- THE ACTUAL SALARY MAY BE HIGHER DUE TO AN ADJUSTMENT FOR LOCALITY PAY. View the 2019 Locality Pay Charts for more data.
- You may be considered for one of the recorded areas.
- The obligations depicted are for the full-execution level. At formative evaluation levels, assignments will be of progressively constrained extension, performed with less autonomy, and restricted multifaceted nature.
- Perform starter survey of migration applications and databases, recognizing data important to the exhibition of foundation and security checks.
- Help Asylum Officers in the settling of advantage applications, petitions, and expulsion activities by gathering and assessing information and getting ready case choices.
- Lead up close and personal meetings with candidates and inspires adequate data to decide qualification for migration advantages and get ready reports on speculated fake goal by candidates.
- Survey body of evidence choice documentation against candidate record to guarantee fulfillment, exactness, and consistency with every single relevant law, guidelines, and techniques.
- Collaborates with candidate, lawyer or agent of record to convey case choice, guaranteeing comprehension of choice or subsequent stages
Infrequent travel - You might be relied upon to go for this position.
Occupation family (Series)
0901 General Legal And Kindred Administration
States of Employment
Trial Period: You might be required to serve a trial time of 1 year.
- The capabilities for this position must be met by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on the end date of this declaration 08/23/2019.
- Current Federal representatives more likely than not served 52 weeks at the lower evaluation or identical evaluation band in the Federal administration. The Time-in-Grade prerequisite must be met by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on the end date of this declaration 08/23/2019.
- Residency Requirement: There is a residency prerequisite for all candidates not right now utilized by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency prerequisite expresses that applicants must have, for three of the most recent five years promptly before applying for this position; (1) dwelled in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as a representative abroad in a Federal or Military limit, OR (3) been award of a U.S. Government or Military representative serving abroad.
- Applying to this declaration confirms that you give authorization for DHS to impart your application to others in DHS for comparable positions.
- Any ideas of business made in accordance with this declaration will be steady with every single material expert, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) direction, and Office of Management and Budget plans and arrangements concerning employing. These experts are liable to change.
- The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must approve business offers made to present or previous political nominees. In the event that you are at present, or have been inside the most recent 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-vocation SES or Presidential Appointee worker in the Executive Branch, you should reveal this data to the Human Resources Office.
States of Employment:
- You should be a U.S. Resident or U.S. National to apply for this position.
- Effectively pass a Background Investigation including money related divulgence.
- You should pass a medication screening.
- You should submit a resume and supporting documentation.
- Guys brought into the world after 12/31/1959 must be enrolled with the Selective Service.
- Political representatives may require OPM endorsement before on-boarding.
- Migration costs are approved in the event that you are a USCIS worker allotted to the Refugee, Asylum and International Operations program and have been endorsed for revolution from an abroad task. Migration costs for USCIS representatives allowed to an OCONUS area will be considered on a case-by-case premise.
- GS-05: You qualify at the GS-05 level on the off chance that you have three (3) long periods of dynamically capable experience, one (1) year of which was comparable to at any rate the GS-04 level in the government, which has furnished you with the aptitudes expected to effectively play out the obligations of the position. You should have experience playing out the accompanying obligations:
- Dissecting issues to distinguish critical elements, accumulate relevant information, and perceive arrangements;
- Arranging and sorting out work; and
- Imparting adequately orally and recorded as a hard copy.
Or then again
- You may substitute fruitful consummation of a Bachelor's qualification or an entire 4-year course of concentrate in any field prompting a Bachelor's certificate for the experience required at the GS-5 evaluation level. This instruction more likely than not been gotten from a licensed school or college. One year of full-time undergrad study is characterized as 30 semester or 45 quarter hours.
- GS-07: notwithstanding the necessities at the lower grade level(s), you qualify at the GS-07 level in the event that you have one (1) year of particular experience, proportionate to in any event the GS-05 level in the government, which has furnished you with the abilities expected to effectively play out the obligations of the position. You should have experience playing out the accompanying obligations:
- Performing formative assignments under the nearby direction of higher-evaluated officials that included choosing, abstracting, and excerpting information from explicit sources and gathering them for the utilization of higher-reviewed officials
- Assessing and making starter examinations of historical verification information relating to people
- Cooperating with people, in general, to accumulate or clarify data in consistence with nitty-gritty approaches and systems
Or then again
- You may substitute effective consummation of one year of full-time graduate instruction for the experience required at the GS-7 level. This instruction has probably been acquired from an authorize school or college and exhibit the abilities expected to effectively play out the obligations of the position. Check with your school to decide what number of credit hours involve a time of alumni training. On the off chance that that data isn't accessible, utilize 18 semester or 27 quarter hours. Or on the other hand You may likewise substitute unrivaled scholastic accomplishment for the experience required at the GS-07 level.
Or then again
- You are more likely than not finished the prerequisites for a Bachelor's qualification from a licensed school or college with an evaluation point normal or 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, or a class remaining in the upper third of a graduating class or real subdivision, or enrollment in a national educational respect society.
- GS-09 : notwithstanding the necessities at the lower grade level(s), you qualify at the GS-09 level on the off chance that you have one (1) year of specific experience, identical to in any event the GS-07 level in the government, which has furnished you with the aptitudes expected to effectively play out the obligations of the position. You should have experience playing out the accompanying obligations:
- Looking and freely breaking down data from records/databases; giving help to officials in social occasion information
- Getting ready documentation, and making reports identified with personal investigations; looking into and gathering data from databases to decide whether data identifies with a subject and perceiving the nature and importance of injurious data;
- Collaborating with the general population to assemble or clarify complex data in co
Copyright © 2021, The JobHolders | Designed & Developed by The JobHolders