The warehouse associate is responsible for moving materials within the warehouse and the loading/unloading of materials onto or from vehicles utilizing a forklift, reach truck, order picker or other heavy material handling equipment.
The warehouse associate can be responsible for receiving, storing, picking, packing, verification, shipping/manifesting and other various duties as assigned to ensure the full and efficient operation of the Distribution Center.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Use material handling (MH) equipment to unload incoming materials from trailers.
• Verify and receive materials into inventory
• Marks and inventories packages for storage or transit
• May also include palletizing and shrink-wrap.
• Duties may include receiving, checking and storing
• May be required to stack pallets and repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds
• Use MH Equipment to move and store materials within the warehouse
• Use MH Equipment to pick, verify and pack orders according to standard practice
• Use MH Equipment or other designated means to load goods into trailers or other designated transport vehicles for distribution
• Works from pick sheet to pull product or supplies.
• May be required to cycle count inventory
• Check orders against pull sheets.
•“Dangerous Goods”: when receiving dangerous goods, the necessary procedures must be followed and these shipments must be stored in the designated section of the warehouse.
• If/when applicable, ‘bonded’ cargo must be processed and handled accordingly, based on existing guidelines for this type of shipment
• Maintain warehouse clean and free of debris at all times
• Adhere to local, State, and Federal regulations inclusive, but not limited, to OSHA, DOT, EPA and other government agencies. Certification required to handle any hazardous material(s)
Your skills and experience
• Minimum Education: High School or Technical degree
• Ideal candidates will have prior experience in warehouse or manufacturing environment
• Proven basic math skills at the high school level
• Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks with minimal supervision
• Computer skills
Copyright © 2020, The JobHolders | Designed & Developed by The JobHolders