MA - Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist
Grand Rapids Northeast
Under the direction of the Office Manager, the Medical Assistant performs administrative and clinical duties to care for patients in an ambulatory setting. Administrative duties include maintaining medical records, handling patient calls and completing forms. Clinical duties include measuring and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination and administering medications as directed by physician or advance practice providers. The Medical Assistant plays an integral role in the care team model.
- All of our Medical Assistants are required to be Registered or Certified. If an applicant doesn't have a current Medical Assistant Registration or Certification, they will have 120 days from their start date to obtain and provide proof of it.
- If an applicant doesn't have their Certification or Registration as a Medical Assistant, they must have at least graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensures all relevant reports, tests results, labs and correspondence are available prior to the patient’s appointment.
- Escorts patients to exam room, interviews patients, measures vital signs and document all information in patient’s medical record.
- Reviews patient’s medical record to determine needed services and whether referrals are in process or have been completed since last visit.
- Assists physician or advance practice providers during examination or procedure.
- Provides patient with information and instructions as authorized by physician or advanced practice provider.
- Keeps exam room stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintains instruments and prepares them for sterilization and storage.
- Provides clerical support which may include completing forms/requisitions, answering phones, sending/receiving medical records, obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, and referral information.
- Cleans rooms between patient visits in accordance with infection prevention and control standards.
- Administers medications and immunizations under authorization and supervision of physicians and/or advance practice providers.
- Processes messages from patients and front office staff to physicians and advance practice providers.
- Processes messages and call backs to patients, medical offices and pharmacies.
- Processes medication refills according to protocols.
- Maintains all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperature, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, sterilization fluid charge etc.)
- Performs EKG’s and simple (CLIA waived testing) medical office laboratory and screening tests.
- Collects and processes blood samples and other non-blood specimens for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Participates in process improvement activities to enhance patient care and service
Copyright © 2020, The JobHolders | Designed & Developed by The JobHolders